WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Acer Netbook - no sound on rdesktop/freeRDP  (Read 19358 times)

Offline Ralphie66

Re: Acer Netbook - no sound on rdesktop/freeRDP
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
Rich: I appreciate a good idiot smack as much as the next idiot, thanks for the catch.  Nothing like mindless copy/paste to propagate stupidity. 
But, if I can humbly mention: I have tried to also use rdesktop on all tests in the event I had f-ed up the xfreerdp stings but rdesktop didn't produce local sound either.  Meanwhile, I'll crawl back and re-work all the xfreerdp tests.  Thanks for your time and thanks for going easy on me.

Aus:  Yes, I used Freerdp-ffmpeg earlier, when I knew how to spell, but with no change in result.  Side note if it matters:  I currently use Xorg-7.5 because Xorg-7.6 was causing vid problems.  btw...I think it was my turn to bring the drool buckets to the next village idiots meeting.  cya there, if you're still talking to me.

Offline Ralphie66

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 12:27:55 PM »
Just in case there's anyone still watching this, I repeated everything from my earlier post with the corrected
plugin spelling.  Still no local sound from the VM.  The spelling goof made no diff. 

The term messages at least changed to:
Code: [Select]
loading plugin rdpsnd
Warning xf_GetWindowProperty (140): Property 276 does not exist
connected to (server)
Failed to check xfreerdp file descriptor
I'm still web searching the warnings but haven't seen anything of value yet.

I ran a couple of the tests with FreeRDP-ffmeg.tcz loaded just to see if the expanded package made a diff.
It didn't.  I'm off to tweak Xorg to see if that changes things.

aus9

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »
I currently use Xorg-7.5 because Xorg-7.6 was causing vid problems  and
 I'm off to tweak Xorg to see if that changes things.

hope that means you will only use  Xorg-7.6 as I look at the depends and they are:
Code: [Select]
Xorg-7.6-lib.tcz
libasound.tcz
libcups.tcz
openssl-1.0.0.tcz
pcsc-lite.tcz
libusb.tcz

good luck

post your lspci -vvv for your vga section pls and your current xorg.conf
not that I am an expert, so others hopefully will the spot the errors?

2) Have you tried ?
Title:      remmina.tcz
Description:   remmina - GTK+ Remote Desktop Client with multiple protocol support

3) Have you seen?
forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=13550.0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:44:00 PM by aus9 »

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 09:22:00 PM »
Hi aus9
Xorg-7.6-lib.tcz is a dependency of many extensions, including Xorg-7.5.tcz.

Offline Ralphie66

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
Xorg:
v7.6 causes horizontal lines making vid output unusable for me.  Other TC forum entries suggested using 7.5 where there were problems with 7.6 and this cleared things up for me.  I'm absolutely no Xorg expert either and after some additional reading today I saw nothing of value in tweaking the conf file but I can still try if you think it worth the effort.

remmina.tcz:
I loaded it.  It appeared to be a GUI on freerdp so I'm not surprised that it gave the same result: Video with no local VM sound.   Thanks for pointing it out though...I didn't know about it.

In regards to the link you provided, yes, I saw that prior to my OP.  That post and the freerdp site were where I got the ideas for the xfreerdp plugin syntax (minus the blunder, of course).  Unlike that case I hadn't forgotten to load alsa....I've tested sound every time with audio streaming just to make sure things were working with alsa.  If I've missed something on that post or if you think there is something worth troubleshooting with alsa, please advise further.

I found some discussion on other forums today re: compatibility issues between Vbox and freeRDP.  The entries were dated but described some of what I'm experiencing.  Unfortunately, none offered solutions.  Were the issues resolved with updates?  I don't know, I haven't determined that yet, I'm still searching.  (I will gladly post the links if you want them).

Thanks for sticking with me Aus.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 09:59:53 PM »
Hi Ralphie66
I was under the impression that you were connecting to a VM. Are you also running Tinycore and freeRDP on a VM?
If you are, try running them on real hardware.

Offline Ralphie66

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 10:37:01 PM »
Rich
Your impression is correct.  TC and FreeRDP are on real hardware and connecting to a VM.