WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Extract and repackage core.gz or other .gz extensions  (Read 3414 times)

Offline nassausky

Extract and repackage core.gz or other .gz extensions
« on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »
It would be so nice if the basic install of tinycore included a quick way to extract and recompress gz packages either with a script included as coreplayer2 donated here: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=15493.0 or as an extension which just requires an input file and output location for extraction and an input folder and output filename for recompression.

The command line method as noted in this post :http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:remastering is a bit tedious for new comers and would be nice for experienced users whom want to do this multiple times or during debugging changes/additions to gz files
 :D

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
Re: Extract and repackage core.gz or other .gz extensions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
ezremaster.tcz ?
32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
This is my intention, just haven't got around to finishing it yet, but soon will

Offline nassausky

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Thanks Lee I will check that out but when I think extensions, I'm thinking a bit more code then the small sweet script that Coreplayer layed out in his post and if that was included, it could help in a majority of scenarios. I know there might be exceptions but if you're at the level of having that exception, then you're probably a more experienced use and can create your own script and manage it and/or have it persist better over multiple installations.  I hope that makes sense and thanks Lee & Coreplayer!