WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Problems with using import and debian apps  (Read 6603 times)

Offline MapHtH

Problems with using import and debian apps
« on: December 04, 2013, 03:43:37 AM »
I have problems with trying to do anything.

I'm using 4.7.7 on Cubieboard.

I'm doing the following:

tce-load -iw deb2sce
import links

And I can't get past that because the console outputs:
Code: [Select]
tc@WebServer:~$ import links
Connecting to repo.tinycorelinux.net (89.22.99.37:80)
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
grep: /etc/sysconfig/tcedir/debian_wheezy_main_armhf_Packages: No such file or directory
links is not available as a package.  Exiting...

The same thing happens if I try to import anything. Where can I get "debian_wheezy_main_armhf_Packages"

What do I have to do?

It worked before when I was compiling lighttpd some months ago.

Thanks

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: Problems with using import and debian apps
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
I am not sure how or where you have a 4.7.7 for armv7 and with tce-load commands.
None of which are currently supported. Please follow the READMEs in http://tinycorelinux.net/5.x/armv7/Allwinner-A10/

You should begin by making an sdcard on an x86 TinyCore and then boot the sdcard on cubieboard.
The import command has been renamed to importsce so as to not conflict with ImageMagick's import.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline MapHtH

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 08:33:18 AM »
The old core did support tcz files so I compiled lighttpd for it and used it for a long time.

Now I was fooling around and wanted to compile sql and some other tools but couldn't do anything.

But anyway, the main question I'm going to ask you now, regarding the 5.x series, is:

Can I rename my lighttpd.tcz to lighttpd.sce and will it work the same? sce files are still squashfs like tcz files, right?

Also, can I remaster sce files the same way I could do with tcz?

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 07:23:23 PM »
Renaming a tcz to sce does not make it self contained.

That is not to say that doing so and loading it that it would not work. If all of its dependencies are already loaded then I would think it would.

But please use current images as much development has occurred as is apparent from from original post.

Let it also be again stated, the purpose of dCore is to actually import extensions from the vast array of the Debian repository. There should be little need to manually be compiling extensions.

Offline MapHtH

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »
Thanks for (very fast) response.

I got it all sorted out :)

In effect, all the tcz files got renamed to sce for dcore, right? The syntax and the rules are the same, from what I gather.
So if I want to remaster imported sce binary, I just have to extract it and re-squash it.

One problem still remains, the one mentioned here.

Whenever I connect the cubieboard to a monitor or even a tv, the picture is out of screen borders. Like an overscan. How can I fix that?

My uENV.txt is like this:
Code: [Select]
console=tty0
panic=10
loglevel=3
extraargs=disp.screen0_output_mode=EDID:1680x1050p60 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 nozswap nortc host=WebServer restore=mmcblk0p2 home=mmcblk0p2 tce=mmcblk0p2 opt=mmcblk0p2

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
Sorry, I only have an old 720p monitor so no way to test. Besides I don't think i could even see a higher resolution. If you find a possible solution let us know.

Offline beerstein

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 10:15:52 AM »
Hi: There is a 7" display monitor available from Adafruit in NY. This gadget is brand new and has a VGA and HDMI input and is able to display high definition video. It is about $150.00 plus shipping and might be great for playing with Cubieboards and Raspis
t(w)o be(ers) or not t(w)o be(ers) that is the question

Offline MapHtH

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 09:58:48 AM »
Hmmm...

While surfing the net, I found something interesting regarding the Cubieboard: LINK

It seems that the problem may be in boot.scr, it seems that the settings for the screen resolution from uEnv.txt aren't used if you are using the core without any GUI.

I'm only a newbie, but I'll see how I can deal with this... Any suggestions are welcome.

Now, how to convert boot.scr to something readable...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 10:10:56 AM by MapHtH »

Offline beerstein

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 06:07:47 AM »
Hi maphth:
I have the cubietruck A20 and played around with a debian 7.x image which boots to command line. I discovered that there is a large similarity with ARM core piCore. I think that debian is much better for the CB2 and CT.
Since I love TinyCore and would rather adapt TCL to my CT I also will consider to make a good Cubietruck Core. I think we could learn from the debian for CT and adapt the know how to a new ctCore.
What do you think?
May be we can find some more CB and CT lovers here in the TCL forum.

t(w)o be(ers) or not t(w)o be(ers) that is the question