WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Booting TC from iso file files by using Grub4dos  (Read 1593 times)

Offline Atle

Booting TC from iso file files by using Grub4dos
« on: February 17, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Dear TCL users...

After some back and forward I managed to get Puppy Linux to boot from my Android phone by using USB cable, a bootflashed SD card, Grub4dos and one or more Puppy distros.

Now as one would not like the phone to get stuck to the computer, its most wanted to have a RAM ONLY session running and i believe TCL is great for that.

As for Puppy linux its somehow from Puppy linux just take the files within the ISO image, and copy them over to any partition or bootable device, run Grub4dos and it boots.

Like a year ago i got help on how to tweak the lines in menu.lst in order to make also Slitaz boot in a similar way.

The idea is pretty much forward to be able to boot most computers(even UEFI? ;-) ), from you Androids SD card if present and then run your own remastered version of Tiny Core, Slitaz or Puppy.

In order to get TCL going here, I need to understand what is needed in the menu.lst file in order to get TCL up and running. Once that is done its a matter of making a "perfect TCL" that gives users a brilliant PC session live from the Android.

I hope the end result will be a zipped file to download that contains folders with TCL, Slitaz and Puppy, a preset menu.lst and a simple method to make the SD card bootable.

I think this will take all distros "on the road" like never before:-)

I do not know if its possible to also make it boot this UEFI things that i really do not understand to much about.

Best

Atle