WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: What shall i prepare for running uex on tinycore linux?thanks.  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: What shall i prepare for running uex on tinycore linux?thanks.
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Hi curaga
Abandoned app
I mentioned that it has not been updated since 2004.
one that you use
These days I don't edit in hex. Before mentioning such an old program, I figured I should take it for a quick spin.
Guess I should have spun it a bit harder. Regardless, I decided I would post a more balanced overview.
Code: [Select]
why not fork it and post mickey2 to sf.net with your fixes?Yeah, like I didn't see that coming. While I occasionally do some C programming, this program is written in C++,
and to that I say  "Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side.".
This would be better suited to someone who is competent in C++ and FLTK programming, not an amateur like me.

Offline SvOlli

• Linux Developer
mickey for TCL 4.x?
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 04:51:24 PM »
I managed to compile the source code on TCL 4.x (needed one change) and build a small tcz (44k) for it. If anyone shouts "jay", I'll submit it.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: What shall i prepare for running uex on tinycore linux?thanks.
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »
Code: [Select]
why not fork it and post mickey2 to sf.net with your fixes?Yeah, like I didn't see that coming. While I occasionally do some C programming, this program is written in C++,
and to that I say  "Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side.".
This would be better suited to someone who is competent in C++ and FLTK programming, not an amateur like me.

Don't say that. I've heard that too often on why someone doesn't contribute to FOSS. How else will you gain experience?

Your list included some items fairly easy to fix; you could start with the malloc one and work up from there.

Of course if you don't have use for the hex editor, no need then. ;)
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.