WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Help finding a suitable extension (flac player, lcd, remote control)  (Read 1640 times)

Offline stormbringer

Hi, a while back me and my band decided to improve our backing track solution for live performances. We want to go from the old 2 channel mp3 to a 5.1 solution.

I'm a professional programmer/IT tech, and also quite familiar with electronics design, was looking around for different solutions when tinycore (which i stumbled upon when running minecraft servers a while back) popped into my head. The quick startup is perfect for what i'm looking for!

So the plan is to build a computer inside a rack unit, pull an RS232-cable to a foot pedal with a 4*20 LCD and 4 buttons (play, stop, prev, next) from it (com port) and control the player from there.

The electronic part + microcontroller needed is not a problem, but i need to find an extension to work with. preferably console audio player with flac support. Ideal would be something with a plugin architecture which allows me to write an lcd-plugin and the control buttons.

Now, (dont hit me) i'm actually a windows guy, and pretty much lost in good apps for tinycore or linux in general, anyone here that can point me a little in the right direction? :)

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Help finding a suitable extension (flac player, lcd, remote control)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »
Hi stormbringer
Sox might be worth taking a look at, it's in the repository. The home page is at:
http://sox.sourceforge.net
There is some online documentation there too.