WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC 2.0rc1 on NTFS Error  (Read 2503 times)

Offline siriusfox

TC 2.0rc1 on NTFS Error
« on: April 28, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
I've been toying with TC Linux 2.0rc1 (I use this version because it has drivers to run the wired network prepackaged) but I cannot seem to get the PPI to work. I've been using the home=sda1 local=sda1 and opt=sda1 cheat codes when I ran 1.4, and that worked pretty well for remembering everything.

However, under 2.0rc1 those same codes yield an error when startup occurs about the local filesystem being NTFS and that the partition could not be mounted. This doesn't make sense to me because the partition is FAT, and it worked just fine under 1.4.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: TC 2.0rc1 on NTFS Error
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:26:01 PM »
Do you have any other storage devices attached?  What's in your /etc/fstab?

Offline siriusfox

Re: TC 2.0rc1 on NTFS Error
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:28:15 PM »
There are no other storage devices attached. Just the internal hard drive and the SD Card with TC 2.0rc1 on it. Single partitioned card.

I should point out that it's a 32MB Card, so the FAT version is FAT12, but that was not a problem when working with TC 1.4.

EDIT: Problem solved. Under TC 1.4 my internal hard drive was not detected as an sda# device. So the boot options for my first USB device would be sda1. Under TC 2.0rc1 my hard drive is actually seen. So sda1 (which I was using before) spotted the Windows install on my EEE PC. I changed it to sdb1 for TC 2.0 and problem solved.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:33:16 PM by siriusfox »