WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: sudo passwd  (Read 10114 times)

Offline shail.dw

Re: sudo passwd
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
To add something to this post more than two months later is sure to produce guilt. Still I will do that, at least just for the layman, which I am. I don't assume cURIOUSgEORGE however to be that one. Ten apologies even before thinking that. cURIOUSgEORGE, are you ready to hear after so long from a guilt conscious man?

First ask to yourself the question "whoami". If you get the answer tc, then ask to yourself who is your guardian-creator.

Try to "adduser" when you are you (i.e. tc). Then do "sudo adduser", or first "sudo su" and then "adduser". What differences do you find?

You are here on earth, because of your guardian-creator; and he has invested you with his own powers ! Only you need to be He, to perform the acts which truly belong to his spheres alone. "You" cannot do that as you were born mortal.

True creation is (must be) impossible for mortal beings. We have children ("sudo adduser"), because the almighty has allowed us to have them. (Or to take another analogy, may be we are able to create atoms, but in doing so we are showing our readiness in destroying a Hiroshima !)

With those powers, caution must come. Everything that Rich said, that alone is convincing to me. Rest is one's desire, what he wants with powers he gains.

Had your creator not invested you with that power, would you still be working here ? He could have divested you (user tc) from powers to use sudo or sudo su. How much powers are you going to grant to children you in your turn are going to create !?

Which computer owner would like to have a limited account only, and going everytime to administrator to ask even for such mean tasks like asking for granting "CD/DVD burning rights", even in the world of Microsoft ?

Does one has a computer at home with a user having a limited account only, with administrator's password with the shopowner from where one bought the box ? (Again to take only the Windows analogy).

Perhaps this may be the "nearest" answer akin to the original question (of course Rich's exhortations included). Thanx to all.