WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: still no videos, even after following the instructions i found while searching  (Read 1618 times)

Offline superj

• possibly know less then everyone else here
ok guys, 

i searched on why i couldn't watch youtube or anything like that and found a thread that seemed like it would give me the fix because it said said no flashplayer (fixed) in the title.  anyways,  i tried out the response and couldn;t get anyhting to work.  i also tried following what the faq said about searching for getflash and installing it and still a no-go. 

what do i have to do to get youtube or flash player stuff to work?

please give first grade level instructions.  otherwise there is a strong possibility i will have to ask to have the instructions written out on how to exactly type stuff in.  i am not really strong in computer programming  (ha ha ha,  how about not at all)
i can't help with anything computer related but if you are near my house and have trouble,  i can fix almost anything.  :)

Offline Lee

• My Core wiki user page
Download and install getFlash11.tcz.  Do not make it "onboot".

On installation, getFlash11 will automatically run, which will create flash11.tcz, load it and add it to onboot.lst.

If your web browser is already open, close it and reopen it.

I have only actually used flash11.tcz with some of the firefox variants but I believe it works with other browsers as well - though I don't know if it works with all of them.  Same with flash10.tcz.

If you want sound, you will need OSS or alsa but I don't think the lack of a sound system will prevent flash from working.

32 bit core4.7.7, Xprogs, Xorg-7.6, wbar, jwm  |  - Testing -
PPR, data persistence through filetool.sh          |  32 bit core 8.0 alpha 1
USB Flash drive, one partition, ext2, grub4dos  | Otherwise similar

Offline superj

• possibly know less then everyone else here
I'll give it a shot
i can't help with anything computer related but if you are near my house and have trouble,  i can fix almost anything.  :)

Offline Triophile

Hi superj.

You'll like TC once you get used to it :-) I struggled at first too, but with help from forum members, I've got my TC machine (well, one of them ;-) ) running very sweetly (and very fast!)

Ditto what Rich says about Flash. I use OSS for sound on YouTube, and have no problems. I used the App Browser to download OSS and ossxmix (as On Demand apps), and when I want to watch and listen, I start oss, then ossxmix, get the volume level set properly, then start my browser, and I get sound with the Flash videos.