WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Fluff without Xprogs has no file editor?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline floppy

Fluff without Xprogs has no file editor?
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:23:02 PM »
I was starting a core.gz and Xprogs76 version without Xprogs, wanted to edit a file ...lst (for onboot), but no edit was possible.
So, fluff is reduced to a file manager without Xprogs? just a question.
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Fluff without Xprogs has no file editor?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:28:39 PM »
Hi floppy
The default editor called  editor  is in  Xprogs.tcz, which fluff used to rely on at one time. I think it is
now possible to specify which editor to use. Try searching the forum for   fluff editor

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
Re: Fluff without Xprogs has no file editor?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 12:08:53 PM »
floppy: I hope you resolved your issue.  I did not post back in December since Rich pointed out the fact that you can configure which editor Fluff uses. 

For you or anyone else in the future looking for some guidance: the built-in Filetypes and Associated Apps dialog boxes in version 1.0.0 don't let you configure the commands to view and edit generic files, so you need edit the .fluff.conf file if you want to configure this aspect.  Find the section "# Filetype Application Associations".  The entries for "file, View" and "file, Edit" can be changed to specify some other execution command, such as:

Code: [Select]
file, View, xterm -e vi -R %s &
file, Edit, xterm -e vi %s &

In a future version I may try to make the default file application associations easier to manage through the GUI.