WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: totem-pl-parser/rhythmbox  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
totem-pl-parser/rhythmbox
« on: September 12, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
..more of a bug with rhythmbox, but the latest update to totem-pl-parser broke rhythmbox - in order for it to run, the following is required.

Code: [Select]
libtotem-plparser.so.12 -> /tmp/tcloop/totem-pl-parser/usr/local/lib/libtotem-plparser.so
Until such time as a more recent version of rhythmbox links against libtotem-plparser.so rather than libtotem-plparser.so.12, I guess I'll add something to the startup script to fix this.

Offline Arslan S.

Re: totem-pl-parser/rhythmbox
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
either rebuild rhythmbox or recover totem-pl-parser from tc 2.x with the name totem-pl-parser12 or integrate totem-pl-paser12 libs into totem-pl-parser in tc 3.x

i have applied last solution to poppler for example
poppler5 and poppler7 in same extension poppler, so nothing is broken after update, only disadvantage is the size increase

this method is called "preserving old libs"

if you agree i will submit an update to totem-pl-parser

note: there are three extensions dependant on totem-pl-parser: brasero, totem and rhythmbox
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:21:01 AM by Arslan S. »

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »
I'm in the middle of compiling rhythmbox-0.13.1, which doesn't seem to suffer from this problem  :)

Offline vinnie

• HandMace informatic works
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 06:19:19 AM »
while I looked appbrowser seems to be missing the rhythmbox file dependencies

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:10:21 PM »
The thing that Arslan mentioned about preserving the old libs in an extension may be in some cases about the only way we can update an underlying lib that is going to break a bunch of stuff.  Have the -dev extension current as well as the new libs there but also keep the old solibs for existing apps.v The apps that depend on the old libs will be phased out as they are rebuilt against the new ones.   It is kind of a workaround, but since we cannot just issue a command on the repo like "lunar update:" or "emerge --update world" we have to have something to keep it seamless.