WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: wireless + boot menu  (Read 2973 times)

Offline duti

wireless + boot menu
« on: September 02, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
Hi everybody. I'm starting now on Tiny Core ...

I have already installed the TC 5 times and always do the following:
If I install with wireless support, the CT not only writes the grub and boot from the windows. If I install the version for Grub, it does not load the wireless driver, then I'll take the app browser, load the drivers for wireless ... and navigate. But when I restart the system, I have to load them again, he did not load on boot .. Is there any way to solve this or is it a bug?
Ever tried to install the wireless version and then do a new installation with Grub without formatting but the program do not let the new installation

The  laptop is a Toshiba with P-IV 256MB and ATI Radeon.

Anyone help?
Thanks

Sorry for the bad english, I'm from Brazil.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:44:58 PM by duti »

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: wireless + boot menu
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »
A'aaah! You beat me to it..  lol

I was going to suggest the same  read the persistence setup in the wiki http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:persistence_for_dummies  and set the wifi drivers and which ever wifi utilities you use to "OnBoot" in AppsAudit utility

Offline duti

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 05:53:49 PM »
A'aaah! You beat me to it..  lol

I was going to suggest the same  read the persistence setup in the wiki http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:persistence_for_dummies  and set the wifi drivers and which ever wifi utilities you use to "OnBoot" in AppsAudit utility
Is not so simple. I start the tc and it assembles the programs. Wireless is not active. I open "AppBrowser" and go to the folder /mnt/hds6/tce/optional in "local" is not empty, all the programs. TCZ's are it. One to select one and click OK, leaving selected "ONBOOT", and again I click ok and the answer appears - the program ... installed (ok) or is already installed.
But the next boot, I have to do it again.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 06:05:35 PM by duti »

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
If indeed your extensions are in /mnt/hds6/tce/optional, you should not be using the "local" option of AppBrowser to load each one. That would seem to indicate that you did not use AppBrowser to download the extensions. If this is indeed the case then use AppsAudit "onboot" to select which applications that should load upon booting. Use AppsAudit "ondemend" to select which applications to load upon menu selection.

Watch the posted video on AppsAudit http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/videos/appsaudit.html
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline duti

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 07:43:12 PM »
Thanks.  After many times , i get install it.... now the problem is the sound. do nt have sound!

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »
Do not hijack your own thread.  A new problem needs a new post.

Offline duti

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 01:49:58 PM »
Do not hijack your own thread.  A new problem needs a new post.
Surely gerald_clark. But I do not write here any question or problem about the new exhibition.

It is here!   http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,11831.0.html

Thanks.