WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: CDMA Aircard connection  (Read 1481 times)

Offline imprezzadude

CDMA Aircard connection
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
Hi there im loving the live cd version so far and would love to go with a full install. But for whatever reason i can not get tiny to recognize my u760 usb modem. Im currently running  3.8.2 and 5 have downloaded the network manager and wvdial. When i try to terminal into wvdial i always get usb device is busy? If anyone could direct me to gui version that i can enter my dial up number and password i would be eternally grateful! Thanks for the time folks

Offline maro

Re: CDMA Aircard connection
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:40 PM »
I don't read you mentioning the 'usb-serial-KERNEL' extension (e.g. 'usb-serial-2.6.33.3-tinycore.tcz'). I'm pretty sure that you'll require it.

Generally speaking for troubleshooting it is IMHO typically better to work from the CLI (e.g. a 'xterm') and not a trough a "bloated" GUI (like 'NetworkManager'). To confirm that the hardware is properly recognized check the 'dmesg' output. There are several threads already around about USB modems, so please use the Search function of this forum to find out what other users have done.

Offline imprezzadude

Re: CDMA Aircard connection
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:29 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Im still new to the linux scene. I did a search for cdma modems but only found one hit that was of no help. I had not considered searching for usb. Thanks again!