WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: how to get from tinycore to microcore-64?  (Read 4866 times)

Offline gojirasan

Re: how to get from tinycore to microcore-64?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 08:48:32 AM »
Haha. This thread has wandered a bit. I have more questions about hybrid vs mount mode. I think I'll start a new thread about my data persistence option confusions. I'll have to get around to testing the ntfs-3g issue some more, but it's a low priority for me right now as I plan to just "grub-install /dev/sda7" from the tinycore CD to put stage 1 legacy grub in my linux partition boot record instead of the drive boot sector. I plan to put the 'boot-us' boot loader in the boot sector to chain load all of my OSes (XP64, Win7 embedded, XP32, and tinycore64). At this point I have again reformated my ext3 partition with gparted and plan to do a scriptless manual install, tentatively with the 'tce/opt/home persistence boot codes. At least with those I have a better understanding of what is going on since they have much better documentation. The 'persistence for dummies' article doesn't even mention the 'local=' option.

BTW, guys, thank you both so much for your help. I really appreciate it. When I finally understand this stuff well enough to teach it I am definitely going to start a whole noob section in the wiki to explain it all in detail and in a way that a linux noob will understand. My understanding is that anyone can edit the wiki. So I will give it a try as soon as I am sure that I understand things well enough to not be totally wrong.