WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TinyCore and Wineasio(Please Help Me!)  (Read 3721 times)

Offline FLStudio/Core

TinyCore and Wineasio(Please Help Me!)
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:38:33 AM »
Hello everyone,  I am trying to build a tinycore machine to run just wine and wineasio(My windows died on me and I'm not going back), wine is in the rep for TC and so is Alsa, and Jack. As far as wineasio Ive downloaded it through a git command by suggestion from a participant in the #wineasio freenode chat room(IRC), i had to download also make, gcc, asio.h and the wine dev files to compile wineasio. After much finagling and moments of DUH!, i was abale to compile Wineasio. now this is where I am stuck at. The step that follows compiling and make install, is:

regsvr32 wineasio.dll

My result of that terminal command is:

" Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll"

I've read somewhere about the default locations for the wine files and such so I copied the wine folders to all places possible that were called for and I also edit the makefile that comes with Wineasio to reflect where wine installs itself on Tinycore...

What am I doing wrong? Please Help :(

Offline gutmensch

• Retired Admins
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
Re: TinyCore and Wineasio(Please Help Me!)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:40:10 AM »
Well, you obviously did something wrong, I gave it a try and it worked for me - maybe you didn't change the right things in the Makefile? One thing: You need wine-gl because of the jack dependency. I uploaded an update of wine-gl now and also a wineasio.tcz extension, try this one ;-)
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:28:19 AM »
this is much appreciative :o

I tried my best to get this working, I am new to TC and an intermediate to Linux, i waddled through and was able to compile the dll, i just couldn't get it to register, so many thanks  for the update.

I downloaded the new wine-gl on a new TC install, however wineasio.tcz does not show in the appbrowser.

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 12:18:20 PM »
I cannot find wineasio.tcz in the appbrowser

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 12:55:31 PM »
Hi FLStudio/Core
Look again, I just checked and it is there. If you had AppBrowser open this whole time hit the Connect
button to refresh the contents.

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
that's very strange, i am still not able to see it in the appbrowser even after a reboot

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 01:12:48 PM »
Hi FLStudio/Core
It shows up right after  windowlab.tcz

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 01:16:34 PM »
it sure was!!, i kept doing a search for it, perhaps it isnt indexed lol .

Okay, installing now will report back

thanks guys

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »
wow funny thing is I now see my error as I was not pointing to the folders which contained the dll when using regsvr32 in the terminal as instructed in the info file for wineasio.tcz.

Geeez!

Offline FLStudio/Core

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 03:22:37 PM »
Well I managed to get the Wineasio to show up in Reaper but it has no audio channels available.

i keep getting this in the terminal:

COMPOBJ_DllList_Add couldn't load in-process dll L"wineasio.dll
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:26:37 PM by FLStudio/Core »

Offline gutmensch

• Retired Admins
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
The regsvr32 with the complete path was only suggested after I experienced problems with it too. It seems that regsvr32 somehow doesn't like the linking of wineasio.dll.so to the fs unless the complete path is specified. Every time I recompiled it and put it to the FS myself, it worked without the full path.

As for your reaper/wineasio problems, I seem to be lost there, because I can't test this at all. Maybe the guys at wineasio know more about it or at least know how to track this problem down?
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)