WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: No persistant tce's  (Read 4734 times)

Offline schultze

No persistant tce's
« on: April 02, 2009, 05:26:26 AM »
Hi,
i'm new here and have done my first test with TC.
Now i have a question how to get persistant tce's on my flash-stick.

I have created two partitions on the stick, one very small (12MB) with FAT (sda1) for the base system and one with ext2 (sda2) for tce and home.
The system boot without any problem. I use the option tce=sda2. After downloading i.e. opera.tce i can use it, but i cannot find any directory named tce. After rebooting, opera is not there.

Where is my mistake? What is wrong?

Thanks,
schultze

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: No persistant tce's
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 05:38:19 AM »
Did you create the directory /tce i.e. :
Code: [Select]
$ sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt/sda2
$ sudo mkdir /mnt/sda2/tce
$ sudo chown -R tc:staff /mnt/sda2/tce
$ copy /path-to-file/opera.tce /mnt/sda2/tce

Offline schultze

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:48:09 AM »
Now i have mounted and created the directory, but there is no opera.tce-file in the system. I will try to download it without installation.

But should it not work automatically, when i use the option tce=sda2?

Schultze

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:38 AM »
The boot code "tce=sda2" just means that tc will load any extensions it finds in this folder during the boot process.

The appbrowser will download (to /tmp?) and load extensions, but it will not copy them to the /tce folder. Of course if you download from the web site using a browser, you can save extensions directly to /tce (or /tce/optional for extensions you want to have handy but not load on boot).

Offline schultze

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 06:33:21 AM »
Now it works.

I Think you're wrong. I only added the option waitusb=5 in the .cfg file. Than boot with option tce=sda2 and home=sda2 on the prompt. Now it is automatically mounted, the directorys are automatically created and the tce'e are automaticalls stored there.
At the next boot, i don't have to specify the device, it is also found automatically. Like it is explained on the website.

Thank you for the support, bye,

Schultze

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 06:38:24 AM »
I think you'd be waiting a while for tc to create the /tce folder for you if you didn't create it first - whatever, glad it's working for you  :)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 08:33:23 AM »
I think you'd be waiting a while for tc to create the /tce folder for you if you didn't create it first - whatever, glad it's working for you  :)

so you're saying tinycore won't create /mnt/sda1/tce for you if the first time you boot you use the code tce=sda1 ?