Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

wicd Network Manager V1.7

(1/2) > >>

Barry:
I am new to Tiny Core and have installed it on an 8 Gb SD card on my Asus PCEee 2g Surf.

The installation went like a dream and once I had sorted out the keyboard changes to run a UK keyboard, all that was left to do was setup the wireless network.

1.   The wicd Network Manager installed without any problems, but I noticed that there did not seem to be any way to save my password within the system. My password ia a serious of Hex numbers (26 characters) and it is a little monotonous having to key this in every time I wish to connect to my router. Is there any way I can save this password in the system?
2.   When I am away from home, I use a 3g USB dongle to connect to the internet. Can Tiny Core cope with this sort of arrangement, and if so, how can I set it up?

So far I have been very impressed with the software and if the above two problems can be resolved, I will be very happy indeed.

Any help or guidence will be gratefully received.

Barry

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2011, 10:07:16 AM ---
1.   The wicd Network Manager installed without any problems, but I noticed that there did not seem to be any way to save my password within the system. My password ia a serious of Hex numbers (26 characters) and it is a little monotonous having to key this in every time I wish to connect to my router. Is there any way I can save this password in the system?

--- End quote ---

Did you read .info file how to save your network settings, including passwords?

--- Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2011, 10:07:16 AM ---
2.   When I am away from home, I use a 3g USB dongle to connect to the internet. Can Tiny Core cope with this sort of arrangement, and if so, how can I set it up?

--- End quote ---

WICD does not support 3G dongles unfortunately, only WIFI and WIRED connections. For 3G you need a different network manager.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: Barry on June 06, 2011, 10:07:16 AM ---2.   When I am away from home, I use a 3g USB dongle to connect to the internet. Can Tiny Core cope with this sort of arrangement, and if so, how can I set it up?

--- End quote ---

Several related threads exist in this forum.

Barry:
Thank you for your replies.

I am not quite sure where to find the .info file, but I will look for it.

I am new to using forums, but I did carry out a number of searches re my queries and although finding some information, did not actually find anything that worked for me.

Thank you both for your advice.

tinypoodle:
.info file shows when selecting any extension in ab or appbrowser.

As an alternative, .info files could be accessed with a web browser in repository of extensions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version