WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny bitmap fonts  (Read 6333 times)

Offline mikshaw

Tiny bitmap fonts
« on: March 31, 2009, 08:57:10 AM »
I started playing with ASCII again.  When I left off I had develped a way to view high-resolution ASCII art text files in a browser using CGI to combine CSS font scaling with the text.  This has proved to be inconvenient, since it requires me to run a web server (which I do only occasionally).  I decided to return to my original idea of viewing them in a terminal with a tiny font.  Unfortunately the nil2 font is a little too small and often makes the images look too dark.  The next smallest font I have is 5 pixels, which makes most of the images too large to view on my screen.

So this brings me to my question...

Does there exist a 3 or 4 pixel pcf font (2x3, 3x4, or 3x5)?  I know that resolution is too low to make readable text, but you'd think someone, somewhere, must have filled the gap between 2 and 5 pixels, if for no other reason than for graphics.

Offline jyf1987

Re: Tiny bitmap fonts
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:50 PM »
once i have made a 4*6 pixel fonts on my e-dictionary 5 years ago, only support a-z

if you need,i think we can just go to remake it

jyf1987 at gmail dot com

btw : cant view murga's forum

Offline mikshaw

Re: Tiny bitmap fonts
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 06:28:48 AM »
Thanks, but I ended up making static html pages from the text files and an html template.  It's not quite as good as the CGI, since it's now a more complicated task to make any changes to the html (colors, font size), but it's a lot better than manually changing the font size every time you open a file.