WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: eGalax touch screen  (Read 17928 times)

Offline Tuftec

Re: eGalax touch screen
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2011, 06:49:59 PM »
Hi All,

I have resurected this post as I am still struggling to get my eGalax screen going with TC.

I have done a lot of reading and testing and I now feel that the problem I have is because my touch screen does not work correctly with the USBHID driver.

After boot, I get a message in DMSEG indicating that the touch screen can not be set up correctly ( it reports an error of -32 in response to a generic-usb: probe). I think this is the driver trying to tell me that my touch screen is not HID aware.

I have read that others have run into similar problems.

If I install the input-tablet-touchscreen-2.6.33.3 drivers then it appears that the usbtouchscreen driver loads but it does not create the necessary /dev/input/eventX entry and hence touch does not work.

I think that this is due to an issue in the input- ..... code. From what I have read, it appears that the codse believes that the touch screen is HID aware (from info thet it reads from the device) and decides that the device should be handled by the usbhid driver.

This results in a stalemate and the touchscreen does not get serviced.

I do not have the skills to solve this little issue. Is there anyone out there that can help with a bit of code or instructions that I can use to get arround this problem.. I do not want to move away from the touch screen that I have.

Here is a link to some further information on the topic that I believe is relevant   https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/6107/

There are many touch screens out there that use this cheap eGalax technology. Solving this should provide options for many other TC users.

Cheers

Peter.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2011, 03:58:23 AM »
That patch is present in our kernel, so the issue is somewhere else.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline Tuftec

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2011, 05:45:37 AM »
I think the patch is the problem. I think it results in the driver looking for a mode of operation that is not supported by my touch screen. You have to read the post in the link that I posted carefully. There is some double negative logic in the narative.

Maybe the unpatched driver is what I need. Can I get hold of the unpatched driver to try? I do not know where to look for this or how I should load it.

Is there somehere that I can look to find out exactly what the error -32 being report actually means? I suspect there must be an error number listing somewhere.

Peter.

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
As mentioned, a couple of users got it to work, so we know it can be done. What we don't have is an extension so it will work for everyone. Does anyone in the US have one I can borrow for creating an extension? I don't mind donating some time since it seems to be a popular device.

Offline Tuftec

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »
Thanks Daniel.
HoPefully someone will pipe up with a loaner.
I am in Melbourne Aus. If anyone here has the skills to get it going, they can borrow my 7" touchscreen.

Peter.