WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [Solved] Frugal install - "Error opening terminal: rxvt"  (Read 2955 times)

Offline baguar

[Solved] Frugal install - "Error opening terminal: rxvt"
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:26:57 PM »
Hi all,

I'm just starting out with TCL, so my apologies if this is a Newbie 101 sort of question.

I'm running TCL via USB key and I'm generally happy how this is running. I'm not currently connected to the Internet but no dramas so far as I've been downloading and copying any extensions I've needed from my other PC.

I'm attempting to do a frugal install to the local IDE CF disk and following the instructions at http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/install.html. I've now run into an issue in section "6. Installing GRUB".

I've copied over the GRUB files and created the 'menu.lst' file. When attempting to run GRUB to finish the install, I get the following message:
root@box:~# grub
Probing devices to guess BIOS drives. This may take a long time.
Error opening terminal: rxvt.

I'm not sure what I need to do to get past this. Anyone have any ideas to assist? I really appreciate any help.

Cheers,
baguar
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 10:16:08 PM by baguar »

Offline baguar

Re: [Solved] Frugal install - "Error opening terminal: rxvt"
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:22:16 PM »
As expected it was a basic oversight on my part!

I'm not currently connected to the Internet but no dramas so far as I've been downloading and copying any extensions I've needed from my other PC.

I'd downloaded the 'grub-0.97-splash.tcz' extension, checked its dependencies and downloaded 'ncurses.tcz' but I'd neglected to check the dependencies of that package. Turns out it requires 'ncurses-common.tcz' (pretty obvious on hindsight). Loaded that extension and GRUB now runs fine.

I can see the benefits of Appbrowser connected to the Net now!

Cheers,
baguar