WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Multiple X sessions  (Read 4455 times)

Offline arcadoss

Multiple X sessions
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:22:24 AM »
Hi there,

I'm trying to remaster TC 4.0.2. I want to pass the number of users throught the kernel options and automatically run multiple X sessions after boot (each one on different virtual terminal and started by different user). I've managed with creation of 'inittab' file during startup, but I'm stuck with multiple X sessions.
I need that terminals with X sessions were the only available ones. I've created 'xorg-xinit' extension which contains 'xinit' and 'startx'. The 'startx' file in attachement contains Xvesa invocation for user0. But xinit crushes with "XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1" message. I've looked into xinit source but it wasn't helped me.

Is there is any other way to run multiple X sessions or make xinit work properly?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Multiple X sessions
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 06:39:51 AM »
Does your .xinitrc have executable permissions, and the #!/bin/sh shebang? Perhaps you need to give Xvesa the tty argument to force it to the specific tty?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline arcadoss

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:15:15 AM »
Yes .xinitrc is executable. I've tried to specify tty manually but there is no changes. Also I've found errorneous -I option in previous X invocation.

Offline arcadoss

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »
Everyting works fine when I'm using default TC 'startx' script, modified 'waitforX' (I've added DISPLAY env variable support to it), autologin to text terminals and startx command in '$HOME/.profile'. But I don't know how to get rid of opened text terminals.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
exec startx?
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.