WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Installing GCC extension ?  (Read 18144 times)

Offline micro_core_lover

Installing GCC extension ?
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »
Hello..!

I'm using Micro_Core as a Live CD and it is very much enough for me and I love it verily;

As I don't have an internet connection to download the apps I needed, and more over don't know how to get them installed in MC (TC question is different, I hope I can do that using a control panel, if I'm not wrong )

/_____ /

a) I need 'GCC'  tool in my MC, if possible 'gmp', 'gdsl' and 'gsl'
  { forgive me for being adding so many 'g's in my list, actually I love doing  numerical computing on old PCs} 

b) Where to download it(or the above stuff) manually?

c) How to install it (or them)?

please, boys any ideas would be very very helpful?

and the last one more ping is.,

Can I install MC with those apps permanently to my HDD?

Thanks & Greetings..

Offline gutmensch

• Administrator
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
Re: Installing GCC extension ?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 04:23:33 PM »
1. online method
you can download and install extensions in microcore via tce-load, e.g.
Code: [Select]
$ tce-load -wi compiletc
compiletc is a meta extension that contains all tools you need to build a c/c++ app. you can check other libs from the extensions web page. a persistent tce dir on your hdd basically just requires a folder tce/ in the root path of your drive with extensions in tce/optional/ and a file tce/onboot.lst with e.g. compiletc.tcz in it. as a boot code you can set tce=hda1 then if that is where your folder resides.

2. offline method
you can remaster a microcore/tinycore iso to include the extensions you need (take a look at the wiki).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:25:25 PM by gutmensch »
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)