Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Undersanding mksquashfs and *.tcz

(1/2) > >>

vinnie:
I'm trying to understand why if I create a tree structure in a directory and "mksquashfs directory package.tcz" when I go to install this package with AppBrowser-->Local---package.tcz all files become symlink to /tmp/tcloop/package/tree directory structure/ containing real file (or hardlink if I'm not mistaken).
 ??? could you tell me where am I wrong?

Jason W:
You are not wrong, that is the intended structure.

Jason W:
In other words, by default, if the extension is on your hard drive, it is mounted to /tmp/tcloop/appname, and then those files are symlinked to the system.  That way minimal RAM is used rather then just copying the files to the main filesystem that exists in RAM.

vinnie:
ok but this way I have problems when I can not understand the entity, time ago with xampp, I have not solved, but someone helped me with apache-mod and i skip over.
today I tried to create a package of data that I need only occasionally and should not be backup, and again I have the same problem (dokuwiki file for plugin testing), symlink dont work fine.
I realized that if I use a program ondemand (epdfview for example) this does not appear in /tmp/tcloop/appname similarly programs started in "onboot.

How could I get the same result with the packages created by me?

Jason W:
I would recommend using the copy2fs.lst, listing your extension in it so it would get extracted to the filesystem rather than symlinked.  There are other ways of achieving the same result, but that would be the simplest and recommended one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version