WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL State and Future  (Read 2179 times)

Offline tclfan

TCL State and Future
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »

I had been with TCL since 1.0, but later on for quite a few years only occasionally checking on progress. From the very beginning of this year I am back to it as a user and glad to see the old core team still here!
Thank you! This is a nifty OS and as it appears from my comparing to other ones from similar category, there is nothing that comes close! This is thanks to brilliant architecture and fantastic team...
I am a user, not a developer so not able to contribute much myself but I am hopeful that development of TCL will continue and will attract more publicity to expedite this process.
I am typing this from TCL with Firefox, Alsa, nVidia display on WiFi network from USB stick...
I was not able to make some extensions work for me, such as Remmina RDP. I have a sense that developers are needed to continue momentum...
Thanks and Best Regards,
Tclfan

Offline hiro

Re: TCL State and Future
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 03:37:28 PM »
extensions are not only made or maintained by developers, but also by users like you and me.

Offline coreplayer2

Re: TCL State and Future
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:26:39 PM »
I'm a user...    8)

confirmed also the current (recently updated) remmina does not appear to work with rdp extension in the repo. "can not load rdp plugin" I began compiling both latest remmina and latest rdp because both have been updated at source.  However i became busy with firmware extensions, maybe we should give the last remmina maintainer a heads up?

I luv's me some TCL too.