Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Original Kernel compilation with performances degraded[NO PROCESS TO PROVE IT]

(1/11) > >>

Daniel:
Hi evevy body,

I have to modify tce kernel (change splash image, add video card ... suppress unused drivers ... ).

Before doing anything, i want to generate mods + kernel in order to verify i do that correctly (it is my first time doing this ... but not the last).

The compilation is ok (with downloaded sources from the 2.6.33.3 kernel).

I've found bzImage ... but i don't know where to find mods ... or what i have to do with files generated!
(not found any specific documentation)

More : when i use the generated kernel, supposed identical, it doesn't work (reboot).

The compilation is done under Ubuntu 10.04 ...(i will try under tcl) ...

Thanks
Daniel.

Juanito:
I'd suggest you compile using tinycore and using the patched kernel source and tinycore .config - note that you will need the bash and perl5 extensions as well as compiletc.

I'm not sure if you'd like to suppress unused modules compiled into the kernel (in which case they are compiled into bzImage) or suppress loadable modules (in which case you just need to delete them)?

You can search on *ko to find the loadable modules in the source tree or "make modules install" will install them to the default path (/usr/lib I guess), but you can pass a switch to install them to the tinycore default path - see kernel readme files)

Daniel:
I compile now under TCL :)
with X-7.5 ... machine configuration ok!

On my new install, i almost put
- compiletc.tcz
- ncurses-dev.tcz
- perl5.tcz

the compilation ends ok :)

I've found the bzImage in /usr/srv/linux/arch/x86/boot/

but i don't know where is the tinycore.gz, or how to generate it!

Daniel.

PS
my bzImage gererated replacing the tcl bzImage is ok!!! :D
I can now make little modifications ... (TCL splash image ...)

Juanito:

--- Quote from: Daniel on February 23, 2011, 01:26:57 AM ---but i don't know where is the tinycore.gz, or how to generate it!

--- End quote ---

tinycore.gz is not generated by compiling the kernel source (although it does contain modules generated by compiling the kernel).

If you'd like to edit tinycore.gz, you can have a look at the re-mastering section of the wiki

Daniel:
I will see if i need that!

Thank you.

And for that : http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Linux_Logo_Hack

It's running!

With a 1280x1024 logo splash image :)

(I have only a little cursor up left corner)

Daniel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version