General TC > Tiny Core on Virtual Machines

[remaster] (tinycorelinux) customisation problems

(1/2) > >>

mrgreaper:
ok im using mine os ([remaster]/index.html) which uses tinycorelinux and i need to change some things but not sure how
it uses webui on port 8080 (i need to hange that to port 4980)
it uses lighthttp on port 80 for displaying a folder full of snapshots (i need to change that to port 4981)
it uses port 22 for putty into and winscp into (a secure ftp but not ftp) i need to change that to 4922

i want to also install mysql on to /mnt/sda1/database/ but the only way i can install mysql is to do ab mysql.tcz then pressing q then i and it installs ...no customisation displays

its all terminal based
i know how to use sudo
i know how to use vi
oh and its in virtual box
can i even do what i need to do?

****edit****
after several hours of blindly looking i found /usr/local/etc/ssh/ssh_config
i sudo vi it
changed port from 22 to 4922

i added 4922 to the iptables (the same as the 22 line)
i commited it (i [remaster] you have to sudo filetools.sh -b)
rebooted it
i can still connect to it via putty and winscp on port 22 and not on port 4922

arghhhhhhhh i give up for tonight

curaga:
Please discuss remasters on their own sites.

mrgreaper:

--- Quote from: curaga on February 17, 2011, 01:13:01 AM ---Please discuss remasters on their own sites.

--- End quote ---

ive tried [remaster]/community/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=98 in regards to custom ports i get no replys, i have serached the site and only reference to custom ports is "Only the default ports are listed here, as allowing custom ports is abuseable to have on a simple page as this. If you are using custom ports, you should be able to figure out how to test it, as well."

as for mysql, since it uses 26 or 27 mb of ram and the distro only uses 51 megs he refuses to add it (fair enough i guess but frustrating when for antigriefing you need mysql)

from the main page
"This is a Linux distribution forking off the tinycorelinux.com project 'microcore', aimed at creating the smallest possible minecraft server retaining all minecraft customizability and functionality while increasing usability."

before posting here i googled everything i could think of, i learned a fair bit but couldnt find the solution

i even extracted the iso and looked in every file that looked relevent (and a fair few that didnt)

when i got to a stage where i thought i could no longer find anything i posted

i didnt just sit and wait for a reply i carried on looking and discovered /usr/local/etc/ssh/ssh_config (how i missed it for so long i have no idea) my heart filled with joy
i edited it
i edited iptables
i commited it
i restarted the server
it made no change what so ever
i looked in it again and it still showed my changed port

im assuming things like mysql, and changing ports will be the same no matter what version of tinycore im using thats why im asking (well frankly begging) for help

Guy:
Here is what to do:

Install Tiny Core or Microcore.

Try to do what you are trying to do with it.

Whatever you can't do, ask questions?

The team is not happy if you discuss remasters.

However, you can discuss Tiny Core or Microcore.

mrgreaper:

--- Quote from: Guy on February 17, 2011, 06:05:09 AM ---Here is what to do:

Install Tiny Core or Microcore.

Try to do what you are trying to do with it.

Whatever you can't do, ask questions?

The team is not happy if you discuss remasters.

However, you can discuss Tiny Core or Microcore.

--- End quote ---

well if some one could tell me how they would change port 22 port 8080 and port 80 in microcore i can try that in this, if it dont work it dont work if it does then im exceedingly happy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version