WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Custom build iso  (Read 3920 times)

Offline jrock2004

Custom build iso
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »
I have been reading a little about custom build iso with Tiny Core. First let me explain what I am looking to do. I am looking to take a 1GB flash drive and partition it in 3 parts. 100MB for bookmark storage, Another just enough room or OS and applications, and the rest of the drive for swap. The reason behind this is I have 15 HP thin clients that I want to bootup off a USB to Tiny Core. All I want is for the user to have firefox3 or Opera with flash capability right off of bootup.

If there is a good link on how to do this could you post. Our company might even be willing to pay someone to make an iso for us. Thank you

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
Re: Custom build iso
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »
If you're going to use the same devices, you could set it up on one then clone it to the others, which may be easier.

Offline jrock2004

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »
Problem is I cannot get it customize. I have tried to follow the remaster and it failed.

Offline danielibarnes

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:04 AM »
Check my post at http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=677.0. If that doesn't give you all the features you need, just send me a message and I can help.

Bookmarks can be stored by the backup feature of TC.  This feature saves important files when you shut down and restores them when you start up again.

I'd recommend against putting a swap file on a flash drive. TC uses so little memory it would not be necessary, and even if it was used it would shorten the life of your flash drive. The current line of HP thin clients have 512MB to 1GB RAM which is more than enough memory. I once ran TC on 64MB, and it worked great.

Offline jrock2004

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
I will try it again but for some reason I could not get it to work. Can I just download the tce files? How will I tell it by default to restore the backup? Maybe we could talk via IM