Off-Topic > Off-Topic - Tiny Tux's Corner

New Linux distro: Swift Linux 0.0.3 now available

(1/3) > >>

swiftlinuxcreator:
Swift Linux 0.0.3 is now available at http://www.swiftlinux.org .  Swift Linux is based on the full version of antiX Linux for the 686 processor.  Swift Linux is a very lightweight AND user-friendly distro that uses the large Debian repository.  Other distros can compete with Swift Linux on one or even two of these criteria, but NONE can compete with Swift Linux on all three.

There are two main editions, Diet Swift Linux and Swift Linux.  Diet Swift Linux has neither OpenOffice nor extra forensic/rescue/recovery programs.  The forensic/rescue/recovery programs of Forensic Swift Linux have now been added to regular Swift Linux.

There are now four special editions of Swift Linux: Taylor Swift Linux, iCarly Swift Linux, Magnum P.I. Swift Linux, and NASCAR Swift Linux.  All special editions are regular Swift Linux with special wallpaper and a special audio clip that plays when you boot up.  There is NO official status whatsoever.  Thus, these special editions are just marketing gimmicks to promote Linux.

bmarkus:

--- Quote from: swiftlinuxcreator on January 22, 2011, 11:12:44 AM ---
There are two main editions, Diet Swift Linux and Swift Linux.  Diet Swift Linux has neither OpenOffice nor extra forensic/rescue/recovery programs.  The forensic/rescue/recovery programs of Forensic Swift Linux have now been added to regular Swift Linux.

--- End quote ---

Diet? 471 Mbyte ISO file. Great. What the Hell this promotion is here even in the OT corner? Do not see any unique or .y new feature, solution. This is a poor commercial.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: bmarkus on January 22, 2011, 12:34:55 PM ---Diet? 471 Mbyte ISO file. Great. What the Hell this promotion is here even in the OT corner? Do not see any unique or .y new feature, solution. This is a poor commercial.

--- End quote ---

Someone had to say it...   :P

Jason W:
I would be happy with the NASCAR version I guess, but I would like to go ahead and put in my vote for a Dukes of Hazzard Swift Linux.  I want to hear the horn honk when I boot to the desktop.

swiftlinuxcreator:
Swift Linux is based on antiX Linux and only requires 128 MB of RAM and a Pentium 2 or newer processor (competitive with Puppy Linux).  Thus, Swift Linux works on computers as old as the Windows 98 era.

Swift Linux is fully competitive with the Debian repository, which has over 20,000 packages.

Regular Swift Linux includes OpenOffice and forensic tools.  Diet Swift Linux does not.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version