WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tce-load usage could be updated  (Read 3844 times)

Offline hiro

Re: tce-load usage could be updated
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »
In a way I like the cloud mode. Quite usable together with /opt

Offline jerramy

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 10:56:09 PM »
Cloud mode seems ideal if you have tons of ram, and no storage.  Like I got 4GB of ram, but only 32M of storage...  Single board computers maybe, though most have 4GB of FLASH on them as well.

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 03:09:23 AM »
Cloud mode is so limited that most users quickly convert to a TCE/Install mode.

Not sure what limitations exactly you have in mind, but if the suggestion as discussed in thread http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=8489.0 could be implemented, then that possibly could lead to a mode with less limitations, while keeping all the benefits of mounting extensions from tmpfs.
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
Cloud mode seems ideal if you have tons of ram, and no storage.  Like I got 4GB of ram, but only 32M of storage...  Single board computers maybe, though most have 4GB of FLASH on them as well.

Those specs seem like an ideal use case for TC.
On 32MB you would have enough space to load TC base and only those extensions required to access LAN and/or WLAN plus store a backup of dynamical data   :D
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)