WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ldconfig not implicitly executed  (Read 3009 times)

Offline helander

ldconfig not implicitly executed
« on: March 25, 2009, 08:12:51 AM »
My first attempts to start installed (tce:s) programs on TC failed.
I did then setup LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my /home/tc/.profile, so that it pointed to /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.
Since I had my home persisted this worked fine.

Today I wanted to run one of my apps as root and id "sudo myapp" and it failed to load some shared libs.
So back to the original problem. Since I yesterday went thru the files in /etc knew about the ld.so.conf file, so started to have a look at that instead. I then realized that I had to run ldconfig once all packages were installed and now I am happy again. However I wondered why the system did not do an implicit ldconfig after the initial tce install during startup and why the "package manager" GUI did not impose the ldconfig automatically after installing packages. I found that tce-load optionally could run ldconfig, but I wonder why this is not do it by default?

I propose that after any known change of the extension state, the system should automatically run ldconfig, unless explicitly told not to. Now it is the other way around :(.

Kind Regards

/Lars

Offline mikshaw

Re: ldconfig not implicitly executed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
If your package contains libraries, name it with the .tcel filename extension.  This should cause ldconfig to run when it's loaded.

Offline helander

Re: ldconfig not implicitly executed
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 12:01:08 PM »
OK. Thanks for the info.

Kind Regards

/Lars