WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Norwegian keyboard?  (Read 6355 times)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
Re: Norwegian keyboard?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 07:37:01 AM »
I thought any change would be automatically saved in the tce file I created on sda1 as I can see when I boot that TC picks up Opera and all the other stuff I installed with the appbrowser.

tc is unassuming. (it should be a slogan.) when you first use it that can be a real bother, but it's nice to know that it won't make changes behind your back (unless there's a bug or infection.) on the other end of the spectrum, operating systems just "assume" you'd like to try the latest version of something, or even try apps you never installed, and they just go ahead and put them on your system or change your configs. most linux distros are somewhere in the middle, but that can cause even more confusion than one that assumes everything (or assumes nothing.)

Offline nickispeaki

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »
2Artie:
How are you?

How is your no-kmap?
I watch. Because i'm interesting side - i'm ukrainian. I use 3 keymaps - en, ua, ru....

Do you have any success?

Offline Artie

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
Hi nickispeaki. I found the Norwegian keyboard but couldn't get it to stick between reboots. I'm a distro junkie but I've never! tried a distro before where you couldn't simply choose your keyboard and it remembered it at next reboot. I didn't understand the explanation about /opt/filetool.lst and /opt/xfiletool.lst and so on either so I just gave up. All the explanations sound like riddles to me. I asked for a procedure like the one I wrote up because those I understand but none have appeared.

Artie