WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: List of excluded extensions in wbar is growing; how to clean it?  (Read 1090 times)

Offline floppy

Hello,
I installed extensions which I included into wbar on the screen. Then during they were present in wbar on the screen, I deleted them with the extension removal menu of TC, but they were still present in the wbar menu, so I declared them as non welcome in the wbar function (click on the wbar function in the setup menu; by clicking the extensions present on the left side of the wbar function menu, they go to the right side of the wbar function menu).
And, I decided to install them again (for any reason). And now,

- I have 2 times filezilla in the right column of the wbar menu (as extension to be excluded; despite this extension is nomore installed)
- I have 2 times leafpad
So, in order to look much better and a bit cleaner in my organization (I have to convince my wife that working with my mathusalem pc is worth and economically efficient) , is it possible to clean "filezilla" from the wbar function menu (right column) when this extension is not installed anymore?
Thanks.
(this is not so important at this time; only a cosmetic question; TCL is working fine on my old boy).

In fact, I found the solution:
- installed or not, all extensions should be marked as "show them" in the WbarConf in SystemTools..then wbar disappear when you choose "apply". no panic, simply
- reboot
The menu WbarConf in SystemTools is now clean!
Topic closed for me
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 04:39:08 AM by floppy »
AMD K6-IIIATZ 550MHz MB DFI K6xv3/+66
P4 HP DC7100 3GB 3GHz
Samsung NC10 boot from SD card port (via USB reader)
.. all TinyCore proofed

Offline moB

Re: List of excluded extensions in wbar is growing; how to clean it?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 08:20:51 AM »

floppy,

the settings are stored in a text file: /usr/local/tce.wbar

For your menu entries the location is: /home/tc/.wmx/Applications

Make a copy of these files before editing. Open aterm (CLI) and say:

Code: [Select]
cp  file.name  file.name.old

Then edit the originals to suit. If you mess up rename them back and start over  :)

moB

away with thee, friend Starbuck, and do our bidding
  --Melville, Moby Dick

You get what you expect from people. This is especially true when it comes to selfish behavior;
   unvarnished self-interest is a learned social norm, not an unwavering feature of human behavior.
   Bob Sutton