WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Terminal Services... NEED HELP  (Read 4570 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Terminal Services... NEED HELP
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 11:16:34 AM »
1.  How do I start the terminal service so that it uses the edited /netboot directory?

Currently you would do that manually (by manually executing the lines). On boot: by copying the two server lines to bootlocal.sh (udpsvd... and udhcpd...) from tc-terminal-server.

I didn't understand this last statement.  Can you elaborate?

The first part - nobody has asked so far for the wizard to start the servers on an existing config. It might just be that how to do that is self-evident to a typical TC user (and TC dev ;)).
Now that you asked, it was not hard to implement, you'll possibly see it in the next TC release.

The second - the last couple lines of the tc-terminal-server script do the actual work of starting the servers. So far users have just copied them to where-ever they need them.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jconnor

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »
Sweet!!!  I think I finally get it.  I made my own little script with the final lines and started it and the default file stayed untouched.  I will test the whole scenario on my system later today and will get back to you.  I think everything is covered though.

My custom script is called tcStart.  Can I just add that line to the bootlist.sh script for it to be started on boot?

Thanks for all your help curaga!!!!!!

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 11:57:58 AM »
My custom script is called tcStart.  Can I just add that line to the bootlist.sh script for it to be started on boot?

If it's in $PATH, and executable, yes.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jconnor

[SOLVED Re: Terminal Services... NEED HELP]
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 07:03:36 AM »
I tested this on my system last night and it worked great!  Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:03:46 AM by jconnor »