Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Howto iso with German Keyboard, MC, NTFS read/write

(1/1)

LFF:
Hi,

I would like to build a LiveCSD / an iso, which boots with German Keyboard and NTFS read/write and has a File Manager, e.g. MC.

I yet only have a WindowsXP system.

Can anybody help?

Best regards

LFF

floppy:
perhaps you could install TCL temporary and parallel to your WinXP on the HDD, then make a remaster (I never has done it) with your requirements?
I use mc and have a german keyboard (but cleaned win98 from my HDD; so, no Idea how to have Win and TCL in parallel on the same HDD). Hopefully this gave some ideas.

Juanito:
If your machine bios supports booting from a usb stick, you could boot tc this way and make your re-master.

Alternatively, you could repartition your hd to create space to install tc and use grub to load either tc or xp.

beerstein:
this is something I would like to do too -

Question: When you remaster through an installed TC version sitting on a USB you will receive an new ISO.
Is this correct?
Now if you burn a live CD from that ISO - will this live CD boot from a CD/DVD - ROM?

HINT: If you have a free IDE slot on your machine - just use an old hd to create a new
partition on that hd - or use an SD adaptor.

If you have SATA it might be even easier to hook up a seperate hd

Let me know how you solved the problem

Thank you for that and have a good one

Juanito:

--- Quote from: beerstein on January 03, 2011, 05:21:50 AM ---Question: When you remaster through an installed TC version sitting on a USB you will receive an new ISO.
Is this correct?
Now if you burn a live CD from that ISO - will this live CD boot from a CD/DVD - ROM?

--- End quote ---

You'll get an iso with the same version of tc as that on the usb stick and yes, once burnt to cd/dvd it will boot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version