Tiny Core Base > TCB Talk

Setting tce directory [was Re: Set tce drive gone?]

(1/3) > >>

tweetyhack:
I set my tce=sdb1 which supposedly points back to my usb flash drive.  I have /tce/optional on that flash drive but when I open Apps and click on local, it looks for the extensions under /tce/optional. I have to tell it to go to /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional. I got this info(tce=) from the docs. Don't seem to work though. What am I missing?

tinypoodle:
I doubt that /tce/optional is an absolute path - and if it were, then that would be very unorthodox in the least.

--- Code: ---cat /opt/.tce_dir
--- End code ---

Guy:

--- Quote ---I set my tce=sdb1 which supposedly points back to my usb flash drive.  I have /tce/optional on that flash drive but when I open Apps and click on local, it looks for the extensions under /tce/optional. I have to tell it to go to /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional. I got this info(tce=) from the docs. Don't seem to work though. What am I missing?
--- End quote ---

Is it an older computer? If it is:

http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=7942.0

tweetyhack:
No, this is a HP netbook. Also tried on an older Dell tower. same thing. Looking at /opt/.tce_dir points to /tce which doesn't even exists.

I just tried to do the control panel thing(see http://tinycorelinux.com/faq.html#persist) but those instructions must be old because there is only hd/usb install, hybrid mode, etc. I clicked on hybrid mode and it created a /mnt/sdb1/tclocal folder.

Anyway, I just modifed my tce=UUID=##### and now it defaults to /mnt/sdb1/tce/optional.  Also add waitusb=5.  Solved for me. Thanks all.

jerrylamos:
Confused mightily.  I'm a long time Ubuntu user/tester.

TinyCore is loaded into partition 7 of sda in directory /TinyCore.

There's a boot and a tce directory there.

Runs functionally but loading Chromium, OSS, and flash on every boot is a real drag.

This is a multiboot system with Lubuntu, Ubuntu Maverick, Ubuntu Natty.

I use Grub 2.

I don't see any actual examples of what to set tce= for this case.

Examples like xxabc don't mean anything to me.  Would it be sda7/TinyCore/tce or what?  I've tried a few, no luck yet.

Thanks, Jerry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version