WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Using ezremaster and loading a custom wallpaper  (Read 3116 times)

Offline TerryJC

Using ezremaster and loading a custom wallpaper
« on: December 07, 2010, 04:28:45 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to these forums and also pretty new to TC.  However, I'm getting there and have been able to build a very simple custom ISO with the help of ezremaster.

One thing has baffled me though, (well a lot more than one thing, but this will do for starters).  How do I get a custom wallpaper into my ISO?  On the ezremaster page at http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/Remastering+with+ezremaster, one of the bullets says 'Setting a desktop background image', but I can't see how this is done in the GUI pages that are presented when ezremaster is run.

What am I missing?

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Re: Using ezremaster and loading a custom wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to these forums and also pretty new to TC.  However, I'm getting there and have been able to build a very simple custom ISO with the help of ezremaster.

One thing has baffled me though, (well a lot more than one thing, but this will do for starters).  How do I get a custom wallpaper into my ISO?  On the ezremaster page at http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/Remastering+with+ezremaster, one of the bullets says 'Setting a desktop background image', but I can't see how this is done in the GUI pages that are presented when ezremaster is run.

What am I missing?

Look on the 3rd screen of ezremaster, "Display settings and mydata.tgz backup".  There is a option here that allows you to input a path to a image on your system.  Ezremaster will copy the image in to your remastered tinycore.gz and set the appropriate boot code to set the image as the desktop background. 

Brian

Offline TerryJC

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 01:34:27 AM »

Look on the 3rd screen of ezremaster, "Display settings and mydata.tgz backup".  There is a option here that allows you to input a path to a image on your system.  Ezremaster will copy the image in to your remastered tinycore.gz and set the appropriate boot code to set the image as the desktop background. 

Many thanks for this Brian.  I'd missed that entry because I thought it was part of the display modes setup and therefore didn't bother to read it.

Is there a way to include the wallpaper configuration as well as the image?  I have a plain wallpaper that by default is rendered as 'Full', meaning that if the aspect ratio of the image is different to that of the target monitor there are borders.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to have it come up pre-configured as 'Fill', so that the borders don't appear.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »

Look on the 3rd screen of ezremaster, "Display settings and mydata.tgz backup".  There is a option here that allows you to input a path to a image on your system.  Ezremaster will copy the image in to your remastered tinycore.gz and set the appropriate boot code to set the image as the desktop background.  

Many thanks for this Brian.  I'd missed that entry because I thought it was part of the display modes setup and therefore didn't bother to read it.

Is there a way to include the wallpaper configuration as well as the image?  I have a plain wallpaper that by default is rendered as 'Full', meaning that if the aspect ratio of the image is different to that of the target monitor there are borders.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to have it come up pre-configured as 'Fill', so that the borders don't appear.

ezremaster uses the Tiny Core "bkg=" boot code which sets the image as "full".   If you would like the background to be configured differently you could:

On the last page of ezremaster, click the blue link for "initrd filesystem Directory".   Then "cd etc/skel", and then "vi .xsession".   Look for the line that says "setbackground full ......" and you should be able to change this to "setbackground fill ......"

Brian

Offline TerryJC

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 11:13:58 PM »
ezremaster uses the Tiny Core "bkg=" boot code which sets the image as "full".   If you would like the background to be configured differently you could:

On the last page of ezremaster, click the blue link for "initrd filesystem Directory".   Then "cd etc/skel", and then "vi .xsession".   Look for the line that says "setbackground full ......" and you should be able to change this to "setbackground fill ......"

Yet again Brian, many thanks.