Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

tce-load broken in 3.3 for persistence bootcodes?

(1/3) > >>

jonathanbrickman0000:
See attached screenshot.  I have TC 3.3 installed with all three standard persistence bootcodes, but then when I try a tce-load -wi, errors.  Perhaps I have got something wrong? 

J.E.B.

maro:
First I thought: How rather strange, as I guess the only piece of the script that could be responsible for those messages is:

--- Code: ---    [ -z "`busybox ls /tmp/tcloop/${APPNAME}`" ] && busybox umount -d /tmp/tcloop/"$APPNAME"

--- End code ---
(which was actually added in TC 3.3rc2 with a comment like "Updated tce-load to un-mount meta (empty) extensions")

Are you sure that you have no '.../tce/copy2fs.flg' file or a 'Xvesa' entry in '.../tce/copy2fs.lst'? Because that would be a way how I can reproduce such messages. It probably means that this piece of code will need to be moved a few lines further up in the script (I guess moving it into the 'else' branch should resolve it).

OTOH I don't think that this is going to create any problem just because a kind of housekeeping task is failing. I believe your extension will still be installed (albeit extracted to the file system instead of being loop mounted).

jonathanbrickman0000:
I do in fact have a .../tce/copy2fs.flg file.  Sorry for the persistent ignorance -- can you explain to me why this is bad?  is it made irrelevant by the boot codes?

J.E.B.

roberts:
Nothing wrong using copy2fs.flg if you know that in fact is what you wish to use and have a persistent local. Persistent local is not recommended and not used by any team member AFAIK.

This issue operationally has no effect and can be safely ignored.

Adjustment to tce-load has been made per maro's post for clean up.

jonathanbrickman0000:
Got it.  I am not using persistent local anymore either, but that file is apparently a remnant in my installer; I'll remove it.

J.E.B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version