Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

freerdp, kmaps package issues?

(1/4) > >>

jonathanbrickman0000:
I'm certain I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what:  

* I have tce=, opt=, and home= persistence set up in 'grub', TCL installed to hard drive.  
* I install kmaps (tce-load -wi kmaps), the files vanish at next reboot unless I add "usr/share" to /opt/filetool.lst and run "filetool.sh -b" beforehand.  
* I install freerdp, and some of the files stick around, but xfreerdp won't run at next reboot because Xcursor.* libraries are missing from /usr/lib, and adding "usr/lib" to filetool.lst and doing "filetool.sh -b" doesn't help (I know that's overkill, but I had to try something).  Anyone know what is going on ?????  And how do I fix it by command line or shell script? :-)

J.E.B.

tinypoodle:
Not having any knowledge about your particular setup but...

Are you very sure about those paths?
e.g. are they really usr/share resp. usr/lib and not usr/local/share resp. usr/local/lib?

Also, are you sure you backup the files you intend to, and not just symlinks to the files?

jonathanbrickman0000:
Thinking about your questions, I did the following:

1.  tce-load -wi kmaps freerdp
2.  Added to /opt/.filetool.lst:

usr/share
usr/lib
usr/local/lib

3.  filetool.sh -b

This appears to have worked, xfreerdp now runs after reboot.  All three lines added to /opt/.filetool.lst appear to be necessary.  Concerning the symlinks, I checked the lib directories, and the symlinks all remain as they should.

I guess my big question is, is the filetool method really necessary?  Is there something simpler I could be doing which is an accepted TC-standard?

J.E.B.

maro:
All this backup stuff sounds a bit "desperate". I'd suggest you keep a copy of 'mydata.tgz', remove the surplus entries from the "white-list" and re-do the backup.

Troubleshoot it step by step and make no assumption until a certain fact can be proven:
(1) Is the extension (i.e 'kmaps.tcz') in the '.../tce/optional' directory and does the MD5 checksum match?
(2) Is the extension listed in '.../tce/onboot.lst'?
(3) Boot with (temporary) boot codes 'showapps pause' and check that 'kmaps' is listed amongst the installed extensions.
(4) After booting look for '/tmp/tcloop/kmaps' and '/usr/local/tce.installed/kmaps'

My hunch is that at one of those steps an unexpected result will occur.

jonathanbrickman0000:

--- Quote from: maro on November 22, 2010, 06:35:39 PM ---All this backup stuff sounds a bit "desperate". I'd suggest you keep a copy of 'mydata.tgz', remove the surplus entries from the "white-list" and re-do the backup.

--- End quote ---

Desperate is right :-)  I do not yet know how to remove anything from the white-list (didn't know there was one?), but I tried your steps below just after tce-load -wi kmaps, and may have spotted an issue:

--- Quote ---Troubleshoot it step by step and make no assumption until a certain fact can be proven:
(1) Is the extension (i.e 'kmaps.tcz') in the '.../tce/optional' directory and does the MD5 checksum match?

--- End quote ---
The hard drive is sda1, and kmaps.tcz is located in /mnt/sda1/tce/optional.  There is an md5 file there, but how do I check it for a match?

--- Quote ---(2) Is the extension listed in '.../tce/onboot.lst'?

--- End quote ---
There is no file named /mnt/sda1/tce/onboot.lst.  Do I need to create one?  Perhaps this is it???  If so, what exactly does this file do, and when?  I was not able to find a wiki entry on it, but it looks like it is often set up by AppsAudit?

J.E.B.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version