WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Remastering Tiny Core Linux  (Read 3354 times)

Offline xenox

Remastering Tiny Core Linux
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »
Hello everybody, its a couple of months I know TC and now I am really trying it and finding out its fantastic.
I have some problems.
I succeded in booting from cd installing TC on my USB and reboot with that USB. I also succeded in installing extensions to that USB installation and save everything on it.

My question is: how do I create an ISO image of my current running TC installation?
Or how do I burn the content of that USB on a CD?

Thanks

Offline SamK

Re: Remastering Tiny Core Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:52:47 AM »
In the TC3x repository is an application named ezremaster.tcz.  The info file describes it as a "Tool to easily remaster Tiny Core or Micro Core Linux."  I have not used it but it might help get you started.

Good luck.

Edit: If I recall correctly a how to is available in the wiki also.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:55:35 AM by SamK »

Offline xenox

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »
Do you maybe have a link to that how to?

Thanks

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline xenox

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »
This worked ne, thank you very much,
I now still have one problem, how can I add custom files to that iso, I ask this because I have my own /home/tc/Backgrounds folder and I have my own .setbackground folder and would like to have a custom background.

Second problem is how can I make it possible for opera to retani the settings I want? (skin, speed dial links, ...)

Thanks

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »
This worked ne, thank you very much,
I now still have one problem, how can I add custom files to that iso, I ask this because I have my own /home/tc/Backgrounds folder and I have my own .setbackground folder and would like to have a custom background.

Second problem is how can I make it possible for opera to retani the settings I want? (skin, speed dial links, ...)

Thanks

If you're using ezremaster, you have a couple of options:

Option 1:  On the 3rd screen in the ezramaster wizard, simply give it the path to your mydata.tgz backup file.   This will include all of your backed up files in your remaster. 

Or

Option 2:  On the last page of wizard, it gives you an opportunity to manually add/remove/change files for both the ISO image and the initrd image before it creates the final image.   At that point you could add your custom files or make any changes. 

Good luck,
Brian