Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

Cannot Load Run Extension (TCL Noob)

(1/3) > >>

Drone:
Hi, This is David in Jakarta. I am running TCL for the first time from a bootable CDROM (only, no HDD or other persistent storage, for now) and wanted to try an application qucs.tcz which downloads OK from the repository including deps and I get a qucs icon on the desktop. But when I click the qucs icon nothing happens, also same (nothing) when right-click the desktop and select Applications > qucs.

Read the Wiki etc. Maybe I'm missing something. Tried OnDemand and Download + Load from the Appbrowser when installing the qucs application. Maybe I'm missing something about how TCL works. I assume a one time try for an application from LiveCD would load and install in RAM and be available(?)

Either I'm missing something obvious or the qucs.tcz app is broken? Again I'm a total Noob to TCL but familiar with SLAX and SliTaz.

Tried with an IBM T-30 Laptop (PIII Tualatin at 1.2 GHz and 1GB SDRAM) and a desktop PIII 700MHz 512kB (edit: 512MB) SDRAM. (yeah I know, ancient HW - but I like it).

Thanks for any help...

Regards, David

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: Drone on October 06, 2010, 07:56:35 AM ---512kB SDRAM. (yeah I know, ancient HW - but I like it).

--- End quote ---

That is indeed ancient, and even a bit low in RAM for DOS.  ;D

Suspecting you might mean MB instead of kB...

Drone:
Ya, tinypoodle, you got me. 512MB. Sorry, been dealing with uC stuff too today, so easy to mix kB/MB. But this Qucs thing even with the Qt deps should do fine IMO with what I have in terms of RAM(?)

gerald_clark:
Works for me, so I booted base norestore.
Now I get a Segmentation Fault.

Seems to need Xvesa.

tinypoodle:
Umm... when you boot base norestore you would indeed run Xvesa, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version