Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

pcmcia-problems on toshiba satellite pro 440

(1/1)

organharry:
Hello everybody,
my ancient toshiba-satellite still works well under dsl, but I would like to change to tc. The live-cd boots well and tc starts as on any other pc I tried. But the pcmcia-network card plugged in the toshiba is not recognized.

It doesn´t matter, which card I insert, any of them is not recognized by the system.
The wireless-card I normally use with dsl is an orinoco_cs.

The "system-stats" show, that a pcmcia-modul is loaded, but on booting there is no message like dsl´s "PCMCIA found starting cardmanager".

Is the Pcmcia-Hardware to old for the 2.6 kernel? Is there any workaround/driver/etc.?

Greetings, organharry

tinypoodle:
Try boot parameter

--- Code: ---laptop
--- End code ---

and for orinoco_cs you would have to load  wireless-*-tinycore.tcz, if you want it at boot time, then has to be 'onboot'

organharry:
Hello tinypoodle,
thank you for your quick reply. The orinoco_cs-driver is loaded and displayed in dmesg and system-stats/modules. But there is no reaction from the card.
It seems to me that the whole pcmcia-section is not recognized by the system. system-stats/modules states 'pcmcia_core 17332 4 orinoco_cs,pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic, Live 0xc3891000'

Any other suggestions?

Regards, organharry

tinypoodle:
Looks fine to me...

--- Code: ---iwconfig |grep -A 8 eth
--- End code ---

Does the card have any LED indicators?

Note:Do not expect the PCMCIA subsystem to provide the usual diagnostical beeps under TC, there aren't any beeps without the pcspkr module.

gwalther:
Had the same DSL to TC issue with my old laptop (thinkpad).  Solved by doing a:

sudo modprobe i82365

this turned on pcmcia.....
then added to /opt/bootlocal.sh...and then backup

if that does not work...suggest you reload DSL..then lsmod from terminal...and figure out which module
is making the pcmcia work in DSL and then try modprobing that in TC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version