WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core Linux On Digg Front Page  (Read 5278 times)

Offline bochiman

Tiny Core Linux On Digg Front Page
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
Anyone should know about this interesting Linux distribution. On Digg Linux news, it has the chance to go further with the community help.

This is the Digg news: Maybe the smallest desktop-based Linux distribution, which requires only 10 MB free space on an USB drive, CD or an internal hard disk drive, Tiny Core Linux could give you a new experience and maximum Internet speed with a customizable X desktop and by running entirely in RAM. The Tiny Core Linux distribution is powered by Linux 2.6 kernel.

Please Digg it and share. I think it is the Tiny Core Linux moment.

Best Regards To The Community And Developers.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
Re: Tiny Core Linux On Digg Front Page
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:01:41 PM »
very cool, although depending what you mean by "desktop-based" there are smaller distros. basiclinux will fit on two floppies.

at least one guest thinks it is "cooler" than tinycore (i don't,) but i've used it and it doesn't seem to even support the cdrom. i certainly do think tc gives you the most efficiency for practical use, but that's not easy to quantify.

Offline bochiman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:12:50 AM »
Well, well. It seems that the article, Tiny Core Linux Has Just 10 MB In Size written on Downloadtube.com blog was indeed made popular not only on Digg, but also it was linked and republished in more languages on many websites of high quality.

People have seen the opportunities of Tiny Core Linux and ideas are still coming. We will monitor the changes and in the future, we hope more people will be interested of this distribution.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:17:01 AM by bochiman »

Offline florian

• Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 04:27:53 AM »
Nice it made it to Digg. Yet this article is mostly an obvious copy/paste from this site, screenshots of tc's "main capabilities" are all under Windows XP (!), and link to http://tinycorelinux.com doesn't come before more than half way in the post.

Offline bochiman

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 05:19:58 AM »
Dear Florian,

You have made copy paste here: http://florian.cauvin.free.fr/microblogging.shtml

We have published a story which made Tiny Core Linux popular around the web and not only for a day. Copy / Paste is in your opinion and the credits in the Downloadtube.com blog article were properly attributed to the official website of Tiny Core Linux.

You are free to try this experience with your own arguments: we thought that this is a Linux distribution which worth attention from the entire world.

In the same manner, we are also monitoring the development and changes of other Linux distribution, even you think this article is based on copy / paste.

On the other hand, if you have noticed in the screenshot there are shown the main capabilities of Tiny Core Linux. As far as I know, Downloadtube.com is the first website who published these screenshots in an original article, edited by its own editors.

The rest of websites linked their content to dowloadtube.com blog.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 05:24:07 AM by bochiman »

Offline florian

• Home Page
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 08:01:44 AM »
Hey, relax. I think you may not have read first sentence of my previous post: "Nice it made it to Digg!". Really I'm happy that people get to discover tc. I love tc and am all for spreading the word. And by the way, I didn't mean that you "hijacked" some content.

My feeling was (and still is) that the quality of this article is not that good (but hey that's my own personal opinion!) and didn't contain any in-depth analysis of tc nor did it really show much of the tc possibilities. So I hope that a more interesting tc review could it make it to such a popular site as Digg!

http://florian.cauvin.free.fr/microblogging.shtml
Ha ha!
As you seem so interested, I will tell you more details about that page which was a quick experiment of mine. It actually doesn't contain any content, but some client side javascript that build up all the DOM for stuff you see stuff right inside your browser, retrieved via the JSON api of some popular web2.0 service,
namely twitter account and a delicious.com

Offline bochiman

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:35 PM »
Dear Florian,

If you might have been noticed, The Guardian , a notable brand in the Internet and classic press world just has opened its gates for us: we can take any content we want into applications and republish it. This is just a tiny comparison to your opinion: "My feeling was (and still is) that the quality of this article is not that good (but hey that's my own personal opinion!) and didn't contain any in-depth analysis of tc nor did it really show much of the tc possibilities. So I hope that a more interesting tc review could it make it to such a popular site as Digg! (copy - paste)", in a sense that the Internet content is opened for anyone to present it  in the limits of Copyright laws.

We just have worked free to make a community around the lightweight linux distros for all the world. And by the way, if you will search a site better than digg, as a comparison for making popular an article, and you will find it, please also tell us.

So, in a few days, you will notice on downloadtube.com website a little place dedicated to Linux communities, but regarding Linux distros not so popular right now: they will be through us.

You are welcome to participate and invite your friends to visit our community in a few days.

Best Regards. Long Live Tiny Core Linux and All Other Lightweight Linux Distros.

Offline bochiman

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »
Hey, relax. I think you may not have read first sentence of my previous post: "Nice it made it to Digg!". Really I'm happy that people get to discover tc. I love tc and am all for spreading the word. And by the way, I didn't mean that you "hijacked" some content.

My feeling was (and still is) that the quality of this article is not that good (but hey that's my own personal opinion!) and didn't contain any in-depth analysis of tc nor did it really show much of the tc possibilities. So I hope that a more interesting tc review could it make it to such a popular site as Digg!

http://florian.cauvin.free.fr/microblogging.shtml
Ha ha!
As you seem so interested, I will tell you more details about that page which was a quick experiment of mine. It actually doesn't contain any content, but some client side javascript that build up all the DOM for stuff you see stuff right inside your browser, retrieved via the JSON api of some popular web2.0 service,
namely twitter account and a delicious.com

And why do you have 65 posts on this forum? Are you a Linux fan?

Offline mikshaw

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 05:23:15 PM »
There seems to be a little heat building here.  It appears as though there has been a misunderstanding of intent on both sides, and I think it would be best if we all re-read the posts before getting into an argument. It's very easy to misinterpret a piece of text, since there is no way to know the feelings of the author unless he/she is very explicit.