Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

Google Chrome

(1/1)

Terminator3000:
Hi,just stumbled upon this fantastic distro and have got it running fine.I noticed somewhere that someone has compiled google-chrome browser (or chromium) for tinycore and I just wondered where i could find it as it doesnt seem to be in appbrowser ? Any tips welcome Thanks.

maro:
I guess you are looking for the 'chromium-browser.tcz' extension.

As a general hint: In 'appbrowser' is the 'Search' field (in the top right corner). I just entered 'chrome' in this field and hit 'Enter'. That resulted in two extensions being listed under 'Select Extension'. After conducting a highly scientific process of elimination I came up with the suggestion reported above.

Please note:
* The 'Search' function attempts a (case-insensitive) match against the information provided via the .info files (which you would see under the 'Info' tab of 'appbrowser' after you selected an extension from the 'Select Extension' list). If you choose a very generic search term (e.g. 'browser') don't be surprised to get a lot of matches.
* The button to the left of the search term entry field allows to choose either the 'Search' or the 'Provides' query functionality. The latter attempts a (case-insensitive) match against the file lists as provided via the .list files (which you could also see under the 'Files' tab in 'appbrowser'). It's use is to identify an extension that contains a certain file (e.g. a missing library). Again, it would be important to use a rather specific search term.

Terminator3000:
Thanks I found it now,I just noticed the search function starts after connect,so thats all good.Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version