WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tinycore_v3.2rc1  (Read 4349 times)

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
tinycore_v3.2rc1
« on: September 26, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »
Team Tiny Core is pleased to announce Tiny Core 3.2 rc1 is now available for testing and preview.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release_candidates/tinycore_3.2rc1.iso

rc1                                                                                                       
* Updated busybox to 1.17.2 + patches.
* Improved language translation support in Appsaudit, Wallpaper, and Swapfile.
* Updated Appbrowser to handle long .info file lines.                         
* Updated Appsaudit & Appbrowser to eliminate spurious trailing null item in FLTK browser widget.
* Updated tce-load for case of missing dependency file.                                         
* Updated filetool.sh: -d for dry run option, comparerestore boot code, and improved encryped backup restores.
* Updated filetool GUI to support options of None/Backup/Safe.                                               
* Updated tc-config: moved 'protect' and 'secure' after extension loading to support alternate layout keyboards.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline clu

Re: tinycore_v3.2rc1
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 02:01:06 AM »
Hi,
thank you for the great work. TCL gets prettier with every release and i wear it everywhere i go.

May i ask for some addition which, i hope, wouldn't make much heavier but rather more attractive?

I'm refering here to hibernate so, with any upgrade, won't require any more patch and just keep
my tce env.

I'd appreciate much to hear from you about such kind of change (and i might miss some others
which would enhance the upgrade or even the starting experience)

thank you very much for your attention and keep the good pace.

clu.
ps: i'm well aware of dentonlt work and it's actually the reason of my msg. thanks again.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 02:06:15 AM by clu »

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: tinycore_v3.2rc1
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 07:28:17 AM »
Not sure I understand your post. hibernate is not part of the base system. It is typically used for laptops. I believe this is handled via extension(s).
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.