WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Making bluetooth pairings persistent?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
[SOLVED] Making bluetooth pairings persistent?
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
I am able to connect with a BT mouse, but would like to have the settings (trust, pair etc) to be persistent accross boots. Where are these stored? I had a look at /usr/local/etc/bluetooth, but those files did not seem to contain anything different after pairing and setting trust. A search did not yield anything at all.

Help please?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 07:55:34 AM by jur »

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
Re: Making bluetooth pairings persistent?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 07:48:26 PM »
Here are a couple ideas to identify what files store these settings:

-  Right after setting up your bluetooth mouse, run a find command that will list all files modified in the last 5 minutes:
Code: [Select]
busybox find / -mmin -5 | egrep -v "^/proc|^/sys"

-  Or you could try this script http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=6943.0  which displays files which have been modified when compared to your tinycore.gz file. 

Good luck,
Brian

aus9

Re: Making bluetooth pairings persistent?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »
hi

I don't have any bluetooth devices but you may be able to create an udev rule then save it in your .filetool.lst to backup.

google suggests some ppl use a script but ignoring the different distro this looks interesting?
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth_Mouse

Offline jur

• cycling photo essays
Re: [SOLVED] Making bluetooth pairings persistent?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
ixbrian: I used your method, searching for recently-altered files and found a directory full of them:

/var/run/lib/bluetooth/11:22:33:44:55:66 (the numbers correspond to the onboard bluetooth device).

I backed up the whole directory, and added bluez to OnBoot, and /usr/local/etc/init.d/bluez start to bootlocal.sh.

Now my BT mouse is instantly recognised when the X is up.

It may be possible not to back up the whole directory but only a select few files. I may look into this.

It is rather weird that there isn't a config file somewhere.