Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Q&A Forum

gnome desktop

(1/2) > >>

68aurelius:
I'am a total newbie for linux en tcl but i think it looks beatiful. Trying to learn how things work by playing around. Now I'am trying to configure w-bar. the problem I have is wicd. I've set wicd to run at boot (sudo wicd-start in onbootlocal) and it works fine. In the menu I can choose the networkmanager to set my wireless. I've made an icon for wbar but I need the comaand to start just like in the menu. Can anyone help me? ;D

Arslan S.:
if you are using gnome-desktop why not use network-manager-gnome  :P ?

wicd depends on python 2.6 while gnome-desktop depends on python 2.7 so you need to be careful because you can mess up python packages

68aurelius:
I'm not using gnome desktop because I'm unable to get it started. I would like to though. I've tried to install gnome desktop and followed the instructions, but it won' t start up ???.

Can't figure out what I do wrong. I've installed it, set passwords, ran gnome-desktop-installer and made the backup (filetool.sh backup). Then when I reboot I just get a shell and I' am lost ???

Do I need to do something else?

Arslan S.:
what do you mean X does not start and tiny core boots into a shell ?

68aurelius:
Yes, that is what happens. I've tried it several times but X won't start. I disabled all extensions except gnome but it didn't help.

Thanks for you're answers. I 'am doing something wrong but I can't figure out what it is. :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version