WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: FL-PicSee 1.2.x / 1.3.x PRE-RELEASE  (Read 10582 times)

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
Re: FL-PicSee 1.2.x / 1.3.x PRE-RELEASE
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
@ jls_legalize: Well, I had a few free moments around lunch today and just implemented the "file://" filter.  If any filename or directory argument is prefixed with "file://", that prefix will be stripped off before further processing.  Please try it out with e17.

all:

During testing the above, I found a bug related to opening a directory.  Fixed in 1.3.1.

I found that some JPEG files do not have "JFIF" or "Exif" in the expected place, but do have 0xFF and 0XD8 in the first and second bytes.  Added in 1.3.1.

I also commented out the key-code print statement used for early testing.

I'd appreciate some additional user testing of this version before I re-submit for the TCE repository.  Thanks to those who have tested it so far, and those who will in the future!
--
Mike L.

Offline jls

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2010, 12:44:25 AM »
now I can open pictures with efm (e17 file manager), thanx Mike
dCore user

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »
flpicsee 1.3.0 appears to segfault when attempting to open pics with long filenames, while there is no such issue with flpicsee integrated in base of TC 2.10
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline ACRizona

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »
Is this a bug ?
Open image#2 for viewing.
Ctl-N (next) and Ctl-P (prev)  do nothing  ???

Next, Ctl-O to open another image#3.
Now,  Ctl-N & P work  :o

payable  to author:   1 ATTA BOY

Offline MikeLockmoore

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »
@ tinypoodle: Can you provide a specific sample filename that causes a problem?

@ ACRizona: Could very well be a bug.  Let me try to reproduce and if I see the same thing, I'll work on a fix.

Everyone: Most of my spare time for FLTK apps at the moment is devoted to Fluff file manager.  I should have time over the Christmas holidays to work some other things.  Or perhaps another person could volunteer to look into these and post code suggestions?

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
@ tinypoodle: Can you provide a specific sample filename that causes a problem?

@ ACRizona: Could very well be a bug.  Let me try to reproduce and if I see the same thing, I'll work on a fix.

Everyone: Most of my spare time for FLTK apps at the moment is devoted to Fluff file manager.  I should have time over the Christmas holidays to work some other things.  Or perhaps another person could volunteer to look into these and post code suggestions?

little-man-in-the-boat-fisherman-mike-is-the-little-man-in-t-demotivational-poster-1263914605-big.jpg

The threshold of still working appears to be when removing 4 characters.

Note: I would have refrained from reporting this as bug and just have seen it as a software limitation, would it not work without any issue with flpicsee as shipped in base of TC 2.10.

Not saying fixing that would be of any high priority...   ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 11:42:31 AM by tinypoodle »
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline MikeLockmoore

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 07:45:10 AM »
@ACRizona: I'm not able to reproduce the problem so far with Fl-PicSee 1.3.1.  Is that the version you had trouble with?  If so, can you tell me exactly what steps you take when you see the problem?  E.g. do you initially start Fl-PicSee on the command line? With or without an argument for the first image file?  Do you use the menu item "Open another" for the second... and so on. 

@Tinypoodle: Sheesh.  ::)  I had to add a little more to the filename to get the crash on my computer.  Fl-PicSee can internally handle filenames up to 127 characters long, but somewhere less than that, the fully populated window title is more than FLTK can handle (title > 2 * filename len).  I think we can fix it by truncating the displayed file name in the window title to something reasonable, say about 60 characters.  By testing this I also found a length-related crash in Fluff, so thanks for that.  :)

Offline ACRizona

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 02:33:21 PM »
@ACRizona: I'm not able to reproduce the problem so far with Fl-PicSee 1.3.1.  Is that the version you had trouble with?  If so, can you tell me exactly what steps you take when you see the problem?  E.g. do you initially start Fl-PicSee on the command line? With or without an argument for the first image file?  Do you use the menu item "Open another" for the second... and so on. 
- Starting from Wbar... no commandline.
 - Menu/Open file #22 for viewing.
 - Try Ctl-N next & Ctl-P previous. ???
 - Menu/Open another file#23 for viewing.
 - Ctl-N next & Ctl-P previous now work. :)

Back in the 60's -  IBM called these odd bugs "FAD" because
they Function-As-Designed.    ;D

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 11:22:34 PM »

@Tinypoodle: Sheesh.  ::)  I had to add a little more to the filename to get the crash on my computer. 

Hmm... wondering then if perhaps the length of the absolute path could play a role, as opposed to filename only.
Which in consequence also makes me wonder about the different behaviour of flpicsee current vs. flpicsee as shipped in base of TC 2.10.
Could there be any chance that the different absolute path of both executables might play any role?
Or the fact that flpicsee in base is in $PATH, while flpicsee is not, but just designed as image viewer in rox file associations?