WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TCL2.x on VirtualBox3.2.6: adding a new virtual hard drive and mount it on boot?  (Read 5492 times)

Offline zab

Hi guys,

I've successfully installed TCL 2.x on Virtualbox (under Linux Ubuntu).
Everything is working very fine.

To add more space to my TCL guest box, I added a new "Virtual hard drive" of 4GB with the help of "Virtual Media Manager".
After rebooting my TCL, I created a new big primary partition (on /dev/sdb1), and format it with "mkfs.ext3". Everything's ok.
Then, I called "rebuildfstab" (I'm not sure if it's right to call this command) which changed the content "/etc/fstab" to reflect
the new partition. Then, a final reboot.

What's strange now is that "mount | grep sdb1" shows nothing. The new partition isn't mounted on boot.
Trying to change mount options in "/etc/fstab" is useless as TCL overwrite it after each reboot.

How can I fix that please?

Zab

Offline althalus

partitions aren't mounted automatically.  You could try mounting by sticking a line int /opt/bootlocal.sh, or by putting something in .X.d, and I believe there is also a nofstab boot code to stop tc writing it's own fstab. (remember to add your fstab to your backup if you use that.)

Offline zab

Thanks for the hint "althalus".
Using "/opt/bootlocal.sh" to mount my new virtual disk fix my problem (I also added etc/fstab to my backup).

One more question:

Should I put "umount /mnt/sdb1" or "sudo umount /mnt/sdb1" in "/opt/shutdown.sh"?
Is this shutdown script called as "root" or as "tc" user?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
No, all disks are unmounted automatically on shutdown. It runs as an user.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline zab

1000 thanks guys!

Offline DrR

Hello

I failed to successfully install TCL on VBox after following the install guide

On reboot I only get to a grub command line

Thoughts?

DrR