WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tinycore screenshot  (Read 7109 times)

aus9

Re: tinycore screenshot
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »
ejames82

If interested, feel free to try gimp

well I am a graphical guy so click on the cogs and search term mtpaint

click on install....it may install dependencies

If right handed, rh click empty desktop and look for applications and click on mtpaint OR
hold down control key and press F2 key....type mtpaint and press enter OR
if you have a window manager you may have a desktop icon OR
it may appear in wbar.....but I have no wbar as I have it turned off as I am using LXDE. OR
click on the left hand bottom icon....and look for the app under graphics if that sub-menu exists YMMV

Once open click on File.....click on New.....click radio button ....grab snapshot
......there is a pause and then screenshot appears

If you want to save it.....I click on File ....choose file save as....look at bottom of screen and choose your graphic format like png etc.

If you don't want a full screenshot ....use your mouse to make a box....= a selected area.....and press the delete key
then click on save as

( I click on save as.....so I can give it a more descriptive name....YMMV)

2) I have removed my earlier attachment as it was too big.

regards
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:44:24 PM by aus9 »

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
I scripted this for myself, so now I can click it in rox-filer:  ;)
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
#ss_xwd_ncv.sh creates a snapshot of selected window (or whole screen by selecting background) using xwd & nconvert
sleep 5 && xwd > pic.xwd && nconvert -o ss_xwd_`date "+%H%M%S_%-e%b%y"`.png -out png pic.xwd && rm -f pic.xwd
Requires xwd from Xorg and nconvert (in path) from xnview which is available on the net as binary (not free software, unfortunately).
Creates a snapshot of the content of a single window without borders, with a grace time of 5 secs to bring window to foreground or to arrange other windows overlapping it. Works also with wbar and jwm tray.
If clicking on a free part of background, a screenshot of whole screen will be created.
Creates a unique filename based on time to prevent accidental overwriting of preexisting snapshot, similar to screenshot.sh in TC base.

I guess similar could be adapted to curaga's suggestion of using xwd and netpbm which inspired me to fiddle with this in the first place.

"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »
In LXDE there is a screen capture button on the bottom task bar, just click with the mouse.

in Xfce4 you can install a screen capture plugin which is shown on the taskbar. It can be also configured; you can set up delay, to show or hide cursor, etc.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline ejames82

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 08:57:30 PM »
i know it's an old thread, forgive me.

is there a keyboard shortcut for taking a screenshot with the default screenshot tool?
i've tried alt+print screen
crtl+f2
no go with either :-\

what is the default screenshot tool's name?
is  there a screenshot tool available with a keyboard shortcut provided?

the reason for this question is, i was unable to get to the desktop to take the screenshot of the desired object.  a keyboard shortcut would be just the ticket.

thanks.
backup...backup...backup

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:03 PM »
Code: [Select]
screenshot.sh
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »
No default key binding for screenshot, but you can set up your own if you want.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.