WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: MPD - time for an update?  (Read 20944 times)

Offline TaoTePuh

Re: MPD - time for an update?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2010, 06:44:07 AM »
Today I wanted to start the ffado-mixer, but there is none in libffado. Perhaps you could create a ffado-tools package or something like that?

Obviously you mean me. May I quote you?

In general I suggest people should not build extensions they don't ever use.
Test them at least one time.

I have written that I can not test ffado, so it should take another this job better.

Offline hiro

« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2010, 07:09:21 AM »
Yeah, no problem, I wasn't sure if you wanted me to take over these packages.
As you see there might be a few problems communicating by means of this forum. I also tried to pm you, but didn't get a response.

To get on-topic again:
What do you think of mpd-minimal? Would you like to maintain it in addition to your mpd.tcz?

Offline TaoTePuh

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 08:00:07 AM »
I also tried to pm you, but didn't get a response.

Ooops, that was my first pm in this forum and I have taken no notice of it - I will pay more attention in the future.

To get on-topic again:
What do you think of mpd-minimal? Would you like to maintain it in addition to your mpd.tcz?

I have several problems with this :

1.) I am a novice in building extensions. Most of what I do is trial and error. Very little is superior work.

2.) I am (actually) not the maintainer of this extension.

3.) This minimal extension is very minimal in my opinion. I personally have no use for them. I need e.g. mp3 streaming (iPod touch) and support for sid and some midi formats ... another user wrote that he needs shoutcast ...

I have started a discussion in this thread "how minimal is minimal enough" but there were few answers.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:35:06 AM by TaoTePuh »

Offline hiro

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 09:35:46 AM »
Ooops, that was my first pm in this forum and I have taken no notice of it - I will pay more attention in the future.
Yeah, the forum is a lot more complex than tinycore I guess ;)

3.) This minimal extension is very minimal in my opinion. I personally have no use for them. I need e.g. mp3 streaming (iPod touch) and support for sid and some midi formats ... another user wrote that he needs shoutcast ...

I understand. I'll update it because current bugs are getting annoying;)
It will support low-memory environments, so that you can build embedded audio players with it. It will support the most important audio formats, curl for web radio, and an OSS output.

That's my New Year's pledge...